Tuesday, October 25, 2005

TIME FOR BED (OR, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE WE ROCK AND ROLLED)

The new issue of AG is officially finished. I expected it to be done this morning, but it never works out that way. Too many little things and too many people late with their ads (it must be nice to be a huge publication like Gambit, who can essentially penalize businesses who don't get their ads in on time; me, I'm inclined to wait for it, not only because it's money we wouldn't get otherwise but because I know how it is to run late). I essentially woke up this morning at 8:30, got a cup of coffee and sat at my makeshift desk. That's where I stayed until Monday Night Football kicked off at 8 p.m. After a few rounds of design and grammar edits over the phone with Noah, I exported the press .pdf and now it waits until morning to be sent to the printer.

I'd say it feels great to get it finished, but I'll feel much more relieved when the printer's got it in their hands and it's printed and ready for pick up. It does feel pretty good, though.

In other news, I had the best sleep last night, maybe the best I've had since the hurricane. Michelle says it's because I'm back at work, and she's probably right. As stressful as it can be putting together an issue, it was probably more stressful not being able to publish, if that makes any sense. It's good to be back in the swing of things.

Now the focus moves to getting ready for Voodoo, and, of course, the December issue.
eXTReMe Tracker