Friday, October 14, 2005

I've taken way too long to put this up, and when I got a second package today I figured now's the time.

A few weeks ago, not long after this blog went up, Peter Rios of the site www.comicgeekspeak.com e-mailed me and offered to get his site's fanbase to jumpstart my comics collection. I debated it for awhile, because there really are people out there who have less than me and my girlfriend do, but ultimately I decided to take him up on the really beautiful offer. And Susannah, you were right. Receiving help does make you feel good.

About a week and a half ago I got a package from Jason Ragle of L.A. Here's what he sent:



There's also a copy of BITE CLUB that I forgot to include in the photo. I actually had both of these books before the flood, so it's great to have them "back." I'd really liked DEAD WEST, so it's nice to be able to read that again, and Warren Ellis is one of my favorite writers, so the LAZARUS CHURCHYARD is great too. I really liked Howard Chaykin and David Tischman's AMERICAN CENTURY, so the BITE CLUB will be well received, I'm sure.

And speaking of Warren Ellis, Jason also sent along an original promo poster for TRANSMETROPOLITAN. You may remember I had that poster on my wall at my old place, and was actually able to take it. But the one that Jason sent it way cooler for this reason:



Fantastic. I'll be looking for a frame to stick it in. Jason, I still can't thank you enough.

Today I got a package from Shawn Rathbone (I think that's the last name, I couldn't quite make it out on the box) of Auburn, New York. The package included this:



I've always wanted to read PREACHER and never got around to it, so this is great. I'm also a big fan of Whedon's run on X-MEN, so having the entire run of ASTONISHING back is another good deal.

Shawn, you're awesome too, and expect a card in the mail from me soon.

I'll tell you, just when you get inundated with the crap people can shovel at you, stuff like this comes along and reminds you that not all people are in it for themselves.
eXTReMe Tracker