Sunday, October 16, 2005

Went to bed pretty early last night, for me at least. I probably fell asleep around 10:30 or so, so naturally I awoke a 4 a.m. unable to go back to sleep.

Yes, I've been on the internet for three and a half hours (it's almost 7:30 now).

Might as well catch up on yesterday. I went to Surrey's for the first time since the hurricane and had brunch with Ballzack, Dan Fox and another friend, Leonard. I had the BLT.

Then I went down to Metro Three to buy "New Orleans is for Lovin'" and "Go With the Contraflow" t-shirts. Good people Lori and Starbuck are. They were pretty busy in the aftermath of the "Clean Up Magazine St." event that happened earlier in the day. Evidently at least a few dozen people showed up on Magazine St. with brooms and dustpans and cleaned the street so the businesses could function better. People stuck around and shopped, which is good because those businesses can sure use a boost.

Then I headed to Le Bon Temps to fill in on djembe wiith my friends in Jack Brown for an event Clark, owner of Pinkie and Blue Boy, put together. We played six songs, and considering we'd only practiced once, and it was the first time I'd played djembe in probably two years, we did all right.

I watched the end of the LSU game at the bar, ate a pork chop sandwich because I thought it was a hamburger, listened to some crazy girl talk about how she got in a fistfight with someone in a wheel chair, then left to get coffee. Now that's a New Orleans day.
eXTReMe Tracker