Friday, September 23, 2005

Wow.

Thanks go to Xeni at boingboing for linking the blog, thanks to Susannah for all the encouragement and help, and thanks to everyone who's given me all sorts of kind words over the past few days.

I've always been hesitant to accept help. I guess I never want to admit when I could use some. I've gotten some neat offers for help today. Some people want to replace some of my destroyed comics. Which, in and of itself, is a great gesture. Part of me wants to decline and instead tell everyone to give to the Red Cross. Susannah, the great enabler and also displaced from New Orleans, says I should accept any help offered because "we all need help" and "taking help is a really amazing feeling."

It's been weird at points. On the road after evacuating, I'd hear spots on the radio detailing the Katrina devastation and asking for donations toward relief. I'd see firefighters in the streets with boots in their hands, collecting money to give to the Red Cross. I'd see stuff like that and say, "I should give something when I have a chance." Then I'd remember that the disaster they're trying to relieve directly affected me.

So yes, if you're inclined to help I could put it to good use. BUT. I refuse to take anything I cannot repay some sort of way. Let me write something for you, send you a print of a picture I've taken, print your name in the next AntiGravity, something.

I've placed a PayPal link to the right. My Yahoo e-mail is listed since that's where I run my bill info through, if you notice the difference. I promise that any funds donated will go towards future issues of AG or other AG material, or to things directly tied to my survival or that of the magazine.

I say thanks to everyone reading this. Those who give, I humbly accept. Just let me know what I can do for you.
eXTReMe Tracker